Are you an expert in Java and do you want to use your knowledge to help interesting and innovative organizations in realizing their IT challenges? Then come and meet us at West.
|Location: Delft or at the customer’s location
|Experience: 6+ years experience
||Education: College or University degree
|Category: Software developer/engineer
||Traveling: Dependent on the assignment
We are looking for medior Java developers who can work independently as well as within our team to deploy Java technology in the broadest sense of the word!
Our customers are generally larger organizations with ambitious goals within the energy market, government, business services and NGOs. They are constantly looking for new developments and opportunities for innovation, optimization and efficiency gains. We help them with this by realizing customized software solutions.
- You work with business analysts and architects to analyze requirements and architecture.
- Designing and writing software in Java (using Java technology and open source development tools), based on user requirements.
- Planning and conducting unit and system tests of software to be delivered.
- And you contribute to the review of deliveries to improve and guarantee quality.
Kennis en ervaring
You have experience with a (large) part of the following technologies:
- Java (SE, EE) and frameworks as Spring, JHipster, Swing, JavaServer Faces.
- Database technology as Hibernate, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
- Webserver technologies as SOAP/Rest, microservices, Docker, Cloud-computing.
- Applicationservers as JBoss/Wildfly, Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere and/or Oracle Weblogic.
- Developing tools as Ant, Maven, Gradle, NPM, Git, Subversion, Eclipse, IntelliJ, JUnit, CI/CD.
- Agile developing methods as Scrum, EVO.
- College or University degree.
- At least six (6) years of experience with structured software development, of which at least four (4) years using Java and related technologies.
- OCP Developer certificate (is a precedence).
- Capable to function independently as well as within a team of developers, and to communicate adequately with project leader and / or client.
- You have sufficient command of the English and Dutch language (both orally and in writing).
Who you are
- You are a proactive and a strong communicator.
- You have good analytical skills and are result-oriented.
- You are a team player but you can also perform tasks independently, without external help.
- You can guide and coach junior colleagues.
- You think it's important to keep learning and applying new technologies, you are open to technical challenges.
What we offer
- Challenging projects where working with the latest technology will be the rule rather than the exception.
- Enough opportunities to expand your knowledge and experience.
- An excellent, informal working atmosphere and highly qualified colleagues.
- Good working conditions.
- Varied work.
If you are interested in this vacancy, send a message with CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. We will contact you as soon as possible.